Sunday 15 July 2012

I am still alive...don't worry.

Okay, so again I am crap and have been lagging on the blogging but I am saving up exciting things for you. Well I left the city and moved back to the beach. It's amazing. I literally live across the street from the beach, I fall asleep to the sound of the waves now instead of whistles and horns. Okay, so the waves aren't the only thing that I hear, I also fall asleep to the sound of the wind blowing through the trees in front of my house. Life is tough.
I have my own little 2 room house - well a bedroom and a kitchen. But it's big enough for me. I live beside two friends and it's nice that we have our own little community down here. We usually spend evenings drinking beer out of one of our porches. 
Did I mention that I totally lucked out and got this beauty for $150 a month? Most places this close to the beach are about $150 a night. It pays to know people in Bali.


I am not living in my new house completely alone but before you start getting excited, I found a puppy in a garbage pile and brought him home with me. I called him The Kraken, mostly so I can yell, "Release the Kraken" on the beach and let him run free. He's super cute and a little bit of a shit but he's mine now. He's also got an AWESOME case of mange and has no fur on his belly or butt. I am taking him to the vet soon to get a shot, plus other essential puppy vaccines. He is so freaking cute. Yesterday I went for a walk to get dinner and realized about 5 mins into the walk he was following me so I let him come with me and it was great until he got scared by a crowd of people and refused to walk anymore so I had to carry him to the food place. I got some interesting looks. Apparently people in Bali don't carry dogs places. 
Oh and right now he is defending the porch from Spotty the slightly retarded Dalmatian/mutt cross. I think he's winning too even though Spotty is 3 times the size of him. Go Kraken :D 


Some not so good news- I got stopped by the cops and didn't have enough $$ to pay a bribe so I got a ticket and might have to go to court. Eek! I am trying to find a way out of this. Apparently I need to call the lady I rented the bike from. I should get on that soon. 




Work is going good. Made some friends- Go Team Kate! Classes are okay. They aren't great but it means that I get to live in Bali so I can't complain too much. It's work so you know how it goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment