Monday 4 June 2012

Almost there.....

Right now I am sitting at my gate waiting for my flight to Bali. Only 8 hours to go.....SWEEET! And let me tell you if you ever thought that travelling for 38 hours was fun, I can tell you that it really is....in it's own way. 
So I last left off on the ferry going to Vancouver...well I made it. And crazily enough I ran into my Indonesian friend randomly at Tsawwassen. I am taking that as a good omen for my trip. Hung out in Vancouver for the night with my friend and then in the morning got up stupidly early and went to the airport. All pretty standard stuff at YVR. 

Stuff I learned on my flight to Seoul: 
-War Horse is fucking awful! 
- I want to be reincarnated as a Korean woman. 11 hours on a plane and not a hair out of place, whereas I get off looking like that thing I dragged out of my drain that one time. 
-Korean airplane food is 1000000000000 times better than western food. 

Now the fun starts in Seoul where the first person to talk to me is a 26 year old "musician" who just happens to be walking around with some of his demo cd's if I "know anyone in Canada who works in music". He then proceeded to tell me that he wanted me to email him what I thought about his demo and took my name and then started to ask me my height and how old I was (for my profile that he was making me). hmmmmm....

After I left my musician friend I made my way to my hotel where I was assured that it was the "very best room"| and if i just wait here he will get me "the very best towel". I did enjoy my towel and the room. I even enjoyed the random sound checks for a music festival thing that was happening right outside. Korean versions of LMFAO are AWESOME!!! Too bad I will miss the show.

I didn't have enough time to make it into Seoul (which I am kind of glad about because I feel like crap) so ventured around the grocery store that was under my hotel and tried to find dinner. Which is a daunting task, firstly; when you have no way to cook anything and secondly; you feel bad choosing between the adorable cartoon vegetables on the packages (I went with the happy potato over the sad onion). 

I woke up this morning, feeling worse but came back to the airport because well, I don't really have a choice there do I? Got a smoothie and a bagel from Dunkin Donuts- pretty average you might say apart from the bagel is pre-cream cheesed when they toast it. I entertained myself  while I ate my breakfast by playing spot the white people- It was like one of those really really hard Waldo pages. Sometimes I thought that I had then but it was an elderly Korean person and the white hair through me. 

Weeellll better fly (hahaha). My battery is dying and I can't see a plug anywhere....

See you again in Bali xxx

3 comments:

  1. Kate! This blog is fantastic.
    Korean music is the best. How much do you love Super Junior?
    ps. I even signed up for a blogger account so I could comment. Now that's love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah. Coming from you that means a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it, I miss the World according to Kate! Looking forward to your Bali tales and coming out to see you at some point. Much love and safe travels xxx

    ReplyDelete