Friday 8 June 2012

If you feel like shit in paradise can you still complain about it?

I don't know if I have mentioned it over the past few days but I feel like SHIT!! And it's not the usual change of diet or drank some funny water sickness. It's can't stop coughing, my ear is blocked and I can't hear out of it, sore throat and so fucking tired all the time sickness. So I decided to have a chill out day- like a doing nothing day today.
I watched a few episodes of Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place in bed this morning. Oh 1998 Ryan Reynolds and Nathan Fillion how I love thee.

Then I finished reading Freakinomics by the pool and started on Shantaram, which I read in India so it only seems fitting to read it in Indonesia....that's logical right.

But all day I have had this crazy feeling that I am wasting time because I am not doing anything and then I need to sit back and remind myself that I am not "on holiday" and I don't have a short time frame to get things done and it is totally ok to just chill out before I start working 5 days a week. With my new found sense of relaxation I decided to get even more relaxed and go get a massage for which the going rate is about $6 for an hour. Soooo much better than the $50 in Canada. Having heard a chorus of "Maaaasssaaaage" from women outside shop and this phrase taking my mind to unsavoury places. I decided to play it safe -which I assume I am ok because I am not some greasy old man come to Asia on a sex holiday...or am I?? No! NO, I am not!

I asked an older lady if she knew anywhere good to go and she directed me across the street to "Black and White", where my masseuse was a 16 year old girl. That is when I started to feel slightly uncomfortable about what type of place this old lady sent me too- Do I look like that type of person? But it was all above board and the spa is actually part of a hotel and she was just doing her training. Personally, I think it is because the older ladies just wanted to gossip and drink their coffee.

When I was walking back from my massage I noticed a bar called Randy's. Now I don't know if you know but Randy isn't really a popular Balinese name. I had a look at the menu and couldn't help noticing the "Canadian Specialties" section on the menu so I think to myself, "Self! You've gotta go in there and eat that there Balinese version of poutine!" YES, that is right ladies and gents I would like to prove all you naysayers wrong and I found motherfucking poutine in motherfucking Bali! Never underestimate the power of cheese, fries and gravy because I feel better now.  Ok so I can't be sure if it was actually the poutine that made me feel sort of better or just the day of not really doing a lot but I am standing by the miraculous healing power of poutine. Put that in your pipe and smoke it modern medicine!

So I am now just hanging out at the pool writing this waiting to go over to another Canadian's house for dinner. As it turns out one of my friends friends live in Bali :D Good times for all.

I might go back to Nathan and Ryan for a bit :D  That's right, I am in Bali and I am watching TV! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment